Monday, August 27, 2012

Say hi to the new family member!

Saturday night after work my husband and our friend Troy came to pick me up. The first thing my husband says to me is, "Lets go to Petco!" Of course I said yes at first because I LOVE Petco! But then he said, "I want a bird." And then I said "noooooooo". I don't like birds! lol! 

But since he let me have Pinky, I decided why not? 

We walked over to the bird section and seen the the parakeets and we decided we would get one of those since the rest of the birds were expensive. I seen one that I liked instantly. It was spotted black on the top, and  his belly was purple. I told Daren I thought it was pretty, but it was his choice. Than I seen a second one, who had a gray top, and a pale blue belly.

We decided to get the second one I seen. Daren really liked her! When we brought her home it literally took all three of to put her cage together! Quite sad I know. lol. We debated back and forth on names, and even though it's my husbands pet I did give him my opinion on the names. The first one he thought of was Azul. (Spanish word for blue.) Him and Troy then thought of Zelda. I kind of liked Zelda more than Azul to be honest. After looking at her, looking at names, and debating on the name Gracie (which I liked) we decided to agree on the name Sky.

Now, I really don't care for birds, but I do like Sky.
Just a quick update. More to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post.Just found out your blog.New follower here.

    http://www.abeautifulfeather.com/

    ReplyDelete