Thursday, March 22, 2012

Meet the Doggies

Introducing Jasmine!
This is Jasmine. Mostly known as Jazzy. She's 5 years old now, and is a Jack Russell mix. I've had her since I was a sophomore in high school. She was originally my friend Whitney's dog, but her family was getting rid of their animals and my mom loved Jasmine. If I had to describe her in five words, those five words would be:
  1. Loving
  2. Feisty
  3. Spoiled
  4. Princess
  5. Loud
She likes to give and receive loving. And she LOVES to get babied when she's hurt. For example, she hurt her leg a couple weeks ago and could barely walk. She needed help going up and down the stairs, and getting on the couch. She also wants to lay down on a homemade bed made of blankets and pillows, and wants to cover up with a blanket. lol! She will give you the puppy eyes until you do cover her. She can be a drama queen sometimes too. 
She also understands who is allowed around the house and who is not. She does NOT like strangers, and barks to let you know if someone is in the yard, or walking the road. lol. I'm surprised my neighbors haven't complained about her barking! ;)

Meet Sadie Pup!!
This is Sadie! Also known as Sadie Pup, which she is mostly called. It's been a while since we've called her just Sadie. She is THE MASTER of the puppy dog eyes. She is two years old now, and is a lab mix. My husband gave me her as a Christmas present on December 21, 2009. She is the most friendly dog I've ever had, and met. She loves all animals, and she really likes making friends. She's very motherly to all baby animals. When we got our cat Ninja, she cared for him as if he were hers. She even let him suck on her nipples when he was a kitten. She's even protective of my hamster, and wont let the other animals near him. I'm very sad that she was fixed when we got her, because I think she would have made a great mommy. And she would have beautiful puppies because I don't know if you noticed, but she's pretty beautiful herself. lol. Many people who've seen Sadie have asked whether she was fixed or not. When we tell them she's fixed they get disappointed and say, "that's such a shame. She's a beautiful dog." And don't get me wrong, she maybe very friendly, but she is also protective of her family. If I had to describe her in five words they would be:
  1. Friendly
  2. Motherly
  3. Loving
  4. Happy
  5. Smart
She also really loves her daddy. She was supposed to be my Christmas present, but she took to Daren immediately. And I know she's misses him a lot since he left for BMT (Basic Military Training) and Technical school. She has taken to me since he left, but I'm sure when he comes back she'll forget about me. lol! And I know that out of everyone (dogs, cats, family and me) she will be the one who is the most happiest to see him!

Max's Story
This is Max and we think he is a pitbull mix. We got Max before my husband left for BMT. We don't know exactly how Max was treated before we rescued him, but we know he wasn't treated nicely. He showed up at Daren's grandmother's house, and they noticed that his ribs were slightly showing, and his back was covered in tar. (As seen in the picture above.) When Daren brought him home, he was very timid and he whined a lot. When we would walk toward him he would sink to the ground, and his eyes would flinch as if he were scared we would hit him. I've found out over the months that we've had him that he is afraid of brooms, hammers, and plastic grocery bags. I don't even have to shake the plastic bag open to get that loud noise it makes to scare him. He runs away when he hears the crinkling sound. I'm teaching him that these things aren't bad, and he is slowly getting used to them. He loved Sadie and Jasmine right away because they are females. We almost name him Stiffler, if you get the joke. lol. If I had to describe him in five words those five would be:
  1. Momma's
  2. Boy
  3. Forever
  4. And
  5. Ever!
Just kidding! The real five words are:
  1. Protective
  2. Smart
  3. Stubborn
  4. Playful
  5. Jealous
He's definitely a mommy's boy though. He LOVES me from Pluto and back a million times. I seem to be the only one who matters to him in the world. If he isn't outside in our backyard playing with the other dogs, then he is next to me. He never leaves my side unless he is outside. I can't walk out of the room with out him following me. He even gave me a present about a week ago. It was a dead bird. He killed a birdy just for me. lol. He doesn't like the other animals to get my attention. He wants all of my attention, and he thinks the others shouldn't get any. Sometimes it can get annoying. He's extremely protective. He doesn't like other male dogs, and DOES NOT, absolutely DOES NOT like strangers! We weren't going to keep him at first. Surprisingly, I didn't want another dog. My husband said it was up to me whether I wanted to keep him or not because in a couple weeks he was going to leave for BMT. But I was afraid whose hands he was going to end up in. I was afraid he would end up getting abused again, and possibly end up fighting other dogs. I didn't want to even think about him going through that.


So, those are my dogs! Cute huh?! I know!
What five words would you use to describe your animal(s)?

More to come. 

XOXO
Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment