Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Taking on your other half's chores!

Even though it doesn't sound fun, you HAVE to do it. And you can do it! 

When my husband was home, I took care of the house while he took care of the yard work, and paying the bills and making sure they were paid on time. 

In December, I was so scared about paying the bills. I never had to do them in my life. A couple weeks before he left I would tell him how worried I was that I would forget to pay a bill. We had to pay Kay's Jewelers, Walmart (we had a Walmart credit card lol), rent, electricity, cell phone bill, car insurance, and there a few others. Thankfully some of them were directly taken out from our bank account! lol. He reassured me that I would be fine, and I wouldn't forget. And if I did I'd be in trouble. lol. Near the end of January, I paid off Walmart, and his dental bill completely off, so now I don't have to pay them anymore thank goodness! So we had about $150 extra that we have in our bank account. Then in February I paid off Kay's completely so needless to say we now have over $200 extra! Now I can spend it on what ever I want! lol! Just kidding! Maybe... ;)

Now the yard work I never liked! I hate the heat of South Carolina. And I get sunburns way to easy. Put it this way, SPF 100 is my best friend! But no matter how much you hate the chore that your husband agreed to do, when he's gone, it is now your chore! So, because I have the best luck in the world, the day I went to go start the lawn mowers (we own two) the newest one would not start. Even after charging the battery, putting gas and oil in it. And the other lawn mower had a flat tire that would not blow up. So we had to take the tire to a man in my neighborhood who works on lawn mowers. He put a tube in it and thankfully the next morning he came and got the other lawn mower and said he would work on it. And the other thing that I was happy about, the day that I did the lawn, a cold front came in! So instead of it being the usual 85-90 degrees that it has been for the past couple weeks, it was only 65 degrees!  After a couple hours my yard was done! And looked great! I think I did better than my husband if I do say so myself. Tee hee! 

Listen ladies, it wont be fun having to do everything. I know it's not fun. But the chores have to get done. But by the end of the day when everything is done, you'll feel so accomplished and so proud of yourself! I promise!

XOXO,
Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment